Shingobee Builders, Inc., a Top 25 Minnesota commercial general contractor, is seeking an experienced Director of Business Development. Four-year degree in a related field is required. The position is located in the Loretto (Twin Cities) office.
The Director of Business Development is the representative of the company responsible for contacting, meeting, and establishing new business relationships in various markets for the purpose of securing profitable relationships.
- Maintaining a strong network with current and prospective clients and other commercial construction industry representatives
- Working with Project Managers to enhance their business relationships
- Maintaining ongoing client relationships after project start-up
- Maintaining industry association memberships and participating/networking in organizations and events
- Overseeing company marketing activities, including responses to requests for bid / proposal, public relations, online presence, and branding
- Reporting on planned and executed sales activities to management
- Keeping management apprised of current and anticipated market conditions
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility and proven success in marketing or business development
- Strong sales background, particularly in construction or related fields
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to produce highly professional proposals and presentations.
- The ideal candidate will have proven success in selling construction services to private, commercial owners, developers, architects, and real-estate brokers.
- Education requirement: The successful candidate must have a BS degree in Business, Marketing, or Construction related field.
Shingobee offers a competitive salary with benefits.
Submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements using the APPLY TODAY box on this page, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org