Shingobee Builders is seeking a Preconstruction Manager with at least 8 years of commercial construction estimating experience. The Preconstruction Manager will work primarily on negotiated and hard-bid commercial projects within our core markets: commercial retail, hospitality, and corporate office. The Preconstruction Manager will work closely with architects, engineers, owners, and local suppliers and subcontractors to execute the highest quality projects.
Top Applicants Will Have the Following Skills
- Ability to take the project from first design and estimate all the way through subcontracts being awarded.
- Experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility-level documentation.
- Experience with the bidding process: soliciting bid invitations, communicating with the bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Experience with estimating process on projects valued up to $25 million or more.
- Ability to assemble a complete presentation-worthy estimate package that clearly communicates project cost.
- Collaborate with project management team to establish the necessary staffing and project cost requirements.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Local base of relationships for subcontractors, architects, suppliers and vendors.
- Creative and innovative approaches and solutions on a project-by-project basis.
- Proven ability for participation in team environment, with both external and internal groups.
- Proficient computer skills.
- 8+ years of experience as a commercial construction estimator preferably within our core markets (referenced above).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements using the APPLY TODAY box on this page, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.