One of the critical functions that a General Contractor provides is contracting and managing the many subcontractors that are required for a commercial construction project. When your General Contractor hires subcontractors for your project, she/he puts your business’ reputation on the line. Experienced subcontractors are important for the performance of the tasks within your project. Shingobee Builders vets their subcontractors thoroughly. Here are seven of the qualifications we look for in a subcontractor.
Our experts have sought out subcontractors throughout Minnesota and the upper Midwest region, who have the qualities and experience we demand for our customer base. Many of our chosen contractors work with us on a regular basis and have a proven track record of high performance. You can depend on our recommendations for subcontractors for quality, on-time completion of your project. Here are the seven key things we look for when allowing a subcontractor to join our recommended list:
1. Company Experience. How long has the company been in business, and what kind of projects have they specialized in? We look for specific qualities and experience in our subcontractors. We seek out companies having a proven track record with expertise in their field.
2. Project Manager Qualifications and Experience. A company is only as good as its employees. We look at the individual qualifications and experience of the proposed project manager and foreman assigned to the project before the project begins.
3. Company Capability to Complete the Project. We review and examine a company’s capability to actually complete the specific project as we assign them. We look at equipment they own as well as their financial resources to cover the project while in production.
4. Safety History and EMR Rate. We make sure the company has not had any willful or reported safety citations and review their safety record to make sure they have performed well in past projects without safety violations. We examine their experience modification rating with their insurance company, and we make sure subcontractors we recommend have adequate insurance for your project should accidents occur.
5. Scheduling Capacity. We make sure the subcontractors we recommend have the ability to meet scheduling/phasing requirements in your projects. We examine the depth of their staffing resources and training programs. Your project should be their priority.
6. Cost Proposal. Each subcontractor we choose must submit a cost proposal for each project they want to participate in. We seek out the most cost effective way to get your project done. We contract with our subcontractors for fixed rates on projects and manage change orders as needed.
7. Commitment. We expect our subcontractors to give their commitment to remaining on the job throughout the project until completion.
On Time Solutions for Your Projects
Shingobee Builders is your source for commercial contracting in the upper Midwest region. We service the Dakotas, Minnesota, and Iowa areas. Our years of experience and our vast list of subcontractors give you the resources to get your job done on-time and on-budget. For more information on what we can do for your project, give us a call at 763-479-1300, or you can message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.